Wednesday 8 January 2014

New Beginnings for Jason Webb and Born & Raised

I came across a piece of bad news....well, I guess it depends on your perspective, but on first read, to me, it was bad news.  Jason Webb, the voice and front man of Born & Raised - kick ass metal band out of Texas - has decided to leave the band.

That being said, it does not mark the end of Born & Raised or of Jason Webb's music career but it will mean changes.  Some bands have been able to keep their sound with a new lead singer...AC/DC, Alice in Chains, Genesis, just to name a few, so it will be interesting to see who the boys choose to take the lead.  Whether it will lead to a seamless transition or to a whole new dynamic and sound.

Jason's powerful voice, I'm sure, will lead him to success with whatever project he gets involved in.  So who knows?  Maybe it is good news?  I guess we will have to wait and see.  In the meantime, Jason is staying with the band to help find a new lead singer, help with the transition and keep booking commitments.  The guys, through social media, have demonstrated class and respect with this decision.  If you're looking for drama and trash talk you're gonna have to look elsewhere.

I'm going to share one of my very favorite songs....and not just one of my very favorite songs by Born & Raised, but one of my very favorite songs period!  This is a live version of Morning Glory and it kicks fucking ass!

MORNING GLORY (live)



So....if you happen to be in Texas and you also happen to be a kick ass singer that likes hard rock and metal, you might want to get in touch with Born & Raised.  Now that I'm getting used to the news, I have to admit I'm a little excited for all the guys.  After all, every new beginning has to come from some other beginnings end............. ; )

This is Born & Raised facebook link > https://www.facebook.com/bornraisedband .  Singers can find their contact info there.  Fans can post their well wishes for Jason Webb and the rest of the band.

2 comments:

  1. Well thank you for your well-stated article. No, it is not the end for either party by any means. I will continue doing other musical ventures, and the band will continue on with a new vocalist. There are no hard feelings on either side, it's just that time. Keep a lookout for both mine and the bands updates to see where we will be next.

    www.facebook.com/born raised band
    And
    www.facebook.com/slipkid08

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open!

      Delete