Monday 8 April 2013

Jagsters Jam

The times that have always gotten me into the most fucking trouble are the parties that spontaneously break out.  I had one of those moments this past weekend.
I stopped in for a quick beer with a friend at the Frontiersman Bar and Grill in Coombs, BC.  And wouldn't you know it?  We found a party.  Local musicians had come together for an afternoon jam and to help raise money for a local man diagnosed with brain cancer.  The place was fucking packed!
The fact that there was standing room only didn't bother me in the least.  We were rocked out honky-tonk style by local country, blues and rock artists! Now you may ask....where's the trouble in that?
Well, you see, I was supposed to be cooking supper for 6...instead I was swilling beer and rocking out!  To my credit, I did refuse the many trays of shooters that passed my way, though I may have had 2 too many beers.  Here's a little taste of how Coombs rocks out!

Shawn Carle

No comments:

Post a Comment